COAST LIFE: Appreciating life on, in & near the water
COAST LIFE was the first in the COAST THINK series: An event series of community, cultural and education events for the Central Coast that both entertain and enlighten.
This event focused on water protection and marine conservation as well as celebrating life in a coastal region.
Featuring live music, performance poetry, live art, keynote talks, market stalls, raffles, Aboriginal smoking ceremony, giants games food & bev, floral installations, it was a great day for whole community.
WATCH THE COAST LIFE SHOW REEL
COMMUNITY BENEFITS & OUTCOMES
• Contributed over $20,000 to the local economy by way of engaging suppliers from a vast array of industries,
• Created exposure and paid opportunities for local creatives including musicians, artists, photographers, florists, comedians, and poets,
• Provided empowering education on how to better protect our waters,
• Access to Aboriginal culture for the non-Indigenous attending audience,
• Engaged the local community with its surf life saving club – many for the first time,
• Social media engagement for the event period exceeded 130,000,
• Many people have anecdotally reported a new state of ‘inspiration’ and ‘enlightenment’ as a result of the education component of the event facilitated by educators, surfers, and conservationists on how to better protect our local waters as a community,
• We have strong interest from the community to make this a regular event – it has the potential to grow into a larger, annual festival.
“Great music, food, drink, great company and beautiful weather in the most beautiful setting!
Our beach, our home, our people. Thanks for your excellent organisation of such a great
“This turn out proves how much this region needs more events like this”Michael Peter, performer
“Great line up of keynote speakers, food and music”Cr Bruce Mclachlan
“I saw people dancing to that band tonight that I‘ve never seen move!”Patron
“I thought it was a great success and would love to be part of any in the future”Dr. Troy Gaston, presenter
“It really was a pleasure to be a part of Coast Life, so refreshing to be a part of a high-quality
event at home”
“This is nothing like what I thought it would be. I’m so impressed. How good is it?”Wade, North Entrance
“We had a great time! Congrats on an event that was successful and inspiring”Jenny, Gorokan
“Grateful to be part of it. When’s the next one?!”Czes Lawicki, presenter
“Was a great afternoon/evening!! Thoroughly enjoyed it!! XxCathy, Long Jetty